Importance of Signage
Nowadays, there are many factors to a successful, growing business more than in the past. It is however not a surprise that business managers/owners are required to put extra efforts to stand out in their marketing strategies; this is important in this competitive environment. Apart from adequately advertising the products and/or services and establishing effective communication with customers, good business signage is another cost-effective and most efficient form of advertisement to attract customers and get brand exposure.
So, what is signage? Signage is defined as any kind of graphics display, which is intended to convey information to the audience and to convince them to patronize and buy from us. It has been shown that up to 76% of consumers (8 in 10) always enter a store they had never visited before based simply on its signs. This turns signage into a business’ most basic and most effective form of advertisement.
Below are some of the reasons why a business should invest in signage as a form of advertisement and improving sales:
- Increasing brand exposure – Getting a good business signage will improve the visibility of your company and make it stand out from the crowd. It will boost your chances of getting new customers and repeated business with current customers.
- Differentiation – A good custom business signage will help differentiate your business from the competition. It will help you build a unique and eye-catching brand in the eyes of potential customers. To make the effective use of signage, you need to know how to design effective and beautiful signs or else, you will lose all the potentials of a signage.
- It is cost-effective – One of the most cost-effective marketing strategies to boost sales is signage. The only cost is the initial investment and once your signage is ready and installed, there are no maintenance or other costs and it will advertise your company 24/7.
- Year-round advertising – Depending on where you installed your signage, whether interior or exterior, signage will work for you all year round. They are visible and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. This is why they are a worthy investment; they require no maintenance effort, no matter the time or day of the year.
- For directions to potential customers – Signage is necessary for vast locations such as corporations, shopping malls, and hospitals. The use of these signs helps to prevent customers or visitors from getting lost. This will help to prevent a situation that could lead to bad sales. This signage is mostly useful for large outdoor events such as festivals or companies with multiple buildings or entrances.
- Entice customers – Shop signage can attract business to a company (both inside and out) when they have good designs. Signage placed outside can be successful at creating curiosity and it will encourage customers to patronize us.